30 Hour Childcare Offer Latest News
From April this year, the ‘30 Hour FREE Childcare offer’ is coming to the Vale of Glamorgan including Wenvoe, so we want to be sure that you are ready.
The 30-hour FREE care is offered as 12.5 hours of Nursery Education and 17.5 hours of Care, therefore; you may receive up to 17.5 hours FREE care here at the Playgroup.
As long as Parents fit the following criteria your child may receive FREE care from April 2019 if living in The Vale of Glamorgan.
It is available to Children the term after their 3rd Birthday. If your child is 3 between:
- 1st Sept – 31 Dec they will be eligible in January
- 1st January – 31st March they will be eligible in April (after the Easter Hols)
- 1st April – 31st August – they will be eligible in September
- if the Child is living with 2 parents, both parents must work a minimum of 16 hours or more per week at National Minimum Wage (NMW)
- if the Child is living with 1 parent, then they must work a minimum of 16 hours or more per week at NMW.
- if you earn more than £100,000.00 per parent then the Child is not eligible.
Contact: The Vale Family Information Centre (FIS) Tel: 01446 704704 E-mail: fis@ valeofglamorgan.gov.uk. The FIS will also advise if you fit the criteria to apply and help with your application.
A contract will have to be completed with us prior to taking up the offer and your placement confirmed at the Playgroup prior to applying. We have limited space at this time.
We have children with us at this time from Cardiff who are benefitting from our wrap around service with Gwenfo Nursery and are receiving up to 17.5 hours of their time FREE at Playgroup.
Your Child could benefit with 4 days wrap around care from 9 – 1pm for £0.00
Please contact us here at the Playgroup for more information
Email: wenvoeplaygroup@ btinternet.com Telephone: 20597494
Please view our website: www.wenvoeplaygroup.co.uk and our Statement of Purpose for further information operating times etc.
For all those families wishing to join us from September this year, we will write again for April’s What’s On Edition to give details of our open afternoon and information for September. If you wish to join our waiting list for September, then please email us on the above email to register your interest. Thank you.