July Council News
The new PCSO Rhian Davies attended the meeting and brought Members up to date on recent crimes and Anti Social Behaviour.
The cash book details for May were approved along with the Accounts for 2021-22. It was also agreed to renew the Council’s membership of One Voice Wales.
Following recent adverts for Casual Vacancies on the Community Council a further Member has been co-opted. However there still remains some vacancies and a social media campaign will now be launched.
A draft Annual Report for last year was approved by Members and will now be published.
A report on the proposed patio to the side of the Hub was discussed and it was agreed to proceed with the project. It was also agreed to seek updated quotations for the replacement/repair of the Community Centre windows.
It was agreed to accept a quotation for a Fire Risk Assessment on the Community Centre/Hub.
Health and Safety concerns were expressed over the remaining goalpost at Twyn-yr-Odyn and it was agreed that this should be inspected.
A discussion took place about correspondence received from our MP and the Vale Council about the flooding at Nant Isaf in December 2020. Assurances have been given that regular cleansing of the drains will take place
Planning Applications for July 2022
. Planning Applications
• Glennburnie, Port Road. – Proposed removal of a dead tree on site. No objection
• Springfield Cottage, Old Port Road – Proposed removal of dead silver birch tree. No objection
• 66 Burdons Close – Conversion of double garage into habitable space. No objection
• Aldi Stores, Culverhouse Cross Retail Park – Abolition of existing conditions limiting goods delivery hours. Opposed on grounds of noise levels and impact on residents in the proximity was approved by Members
19-05-22 Council Minutes
Click here for 22-05-19 Council Minutes
UPDATE FROM YOUR VALE OF GLAMORGAN COUNCILLOR RUSSELL GODFREY
Firstly, I would like to thank all of you who voted for me in the recent election. I am humbled and very proud to be able to represent Wenvoe on your behalf in the Vale of Glamorgan Council.
I will ensure that Wenvoe community has a voice in the Vale of Glamorgan Council. I will also be holding monthly surgeries (details to follow).
To date, further to feedback from residents already received, I can confirm that I have written to the Officers responsible with regards to the following issues:
- Grass verges in Rectory Close
- Road surface at junction of Grange Close and junction at Walston Castle
- The cleaning of the drains at junction of Grange Close (Alun Cairns has also written to VOG about this)
- The public footpath from Quarrymen’s tribute to track to Whitehall Farm
If you have any concerns or issues you would like to discuss with regards to our community, my contact details are: Telephone:07927 588924 or Email
Planning Updates June 2022
. Planning Updates
The following applications have been approved
- 27, Burdons Close. Construct single storey orangery rear extension.
- 17, Old Port Road. Replacement of conservatory with oak framed extension, extending existing lean-to entrance lobby.
- 9, Goldsland Walk. Conversion of existing integral single garage into a living space.
- Dyffryn Gardens. Repairs to flat roofs to prevent water ingress. National Trust.
- 9, Walston Road. Extension to the existing property on one side of the house. The owner has agreed to render the walls and paint the windows to match existing windows.
The work to trees covered by Tree Preservation Order at 7, Tarrws Close has been refused. It was considered there is insufficient justification to allow the works to the mature Horse Chestnut trees, given the high amenity value the trees continue to have.
The wording on the signage to the library on Old Port Road requires updating now the building is known as The Hub. The Council is to approach the Vale with their proposal and seek additional directional signage off Walston Road.
The arrangements for the opening of The Hub and the forthcoming Queen’s Jubilee celebrations were confirmed. The installation of the toposcope, commissioned to mark this occasion, is expected to be installed on the Quarryman’s mound at Twyn-yr-Odyn before the end of May.
A new council clerk has been appointed and will be available in her office on Tuesday to Thursday by appointment.
The present council has five vacancies and applicants wishing to be considered for adoption should apply before the 14th June. ( See advert)
The successful applicants will serve for the next 5 years
Planning Applications for June 2022
The following applications have been approved
- Former Pizza Hut, Culverhouse Cross Retail Park. Variation of Condition 3. At present the restaurant is only permitted to open between the hours of 08.00 to 23.00 hours on any day. The new owners wish to be able to serve breakfast hence the request to change trading times.
- Unit F, Valegate Retail Park Change of use to D2 (Assembly and Leisure) with ancillary A1 and A3 uses. This was previously a lighting shop.
- Hillside, The Tumble, The Downs. Construction of a four bedroom house, 3 three bedroom houses, and 1 one bedroom flat and 1 two bedroom flat.
• Land to the West of St Lythans Road. Change of use of an agricultural field to a secure dog walking field with associated access and parking area. Council has expressed concerns about the future of the field if it changes from agriculture to commercial. Also cars accessing the site.