VALE OF GLAMORGAN
NOTICE OF ELECTION
ELECTION OF A COMMUNITY COUNCILLOR
WENVOE COMMUNITY COUNCIL – ST LYTHANS WARD
1. Nomination papers must be delivered to the Returning Officer no later than 4pm on Tuesday 12 December 2023.
2. Nomination papers may be delivered to the Returning Officer at the Civic Offices between 10am and 4pm on any working day from the date of publication of this notice (excluding bank holidays) or electronically as per the arrangements set out in the electronic delivery statement below.
3. Nomination papers may be obtained from the Retuning Officer either at the offices of the council for the Vale of Glamorgan, Civic Offices, Holton Road, Barry, CF63 4RU or electronically via email@example.com from 4 December 2023 until 12 December 2023.
4. If any election is contested the poll will take place on Thursday 11 January 2024.
5. Applications to register to vote must reach the Electoral Registration Officer by on 12 midnight Thursday 21 December 2023. Applications can be made online www.gov.uk/registertovote
6. Applications, amendments or cancellations of postal votes must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Civic Offices, Holton Road, Barry, CF63 4RU by 5pm on Friday 22 December 2023.
7. Applications to vote by proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Civic Offices, Holton Road, Barry, CF63 4RU by 5pm on Wednesday 3 January 2023.
8. Applications to vote by emergency proxy at this election must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the Civic Offices, Holton Road, Barry, CF63 4RU by 5pm on Thursday 11 January 2024.
Electronic delivery statement
9. Nomination papers submitted electronically must be delivered in accordance with arrangements set out in this statement.
10. The email address to submit nominations is firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use this email address for any queries and/or informal checks. The subject heading should include the name of the candidate and the affiliated party (if applicable).
11. We would strongly advise you to check that your nomination papers have been received by telephoning 01446 709304.
12. It is the responsibility of candidates to ensure that the Returning Officer receives the nomination papers in the correct way by the required deadline.
13. An electronic read receipt from the Returning Officer is not confirmation that the nomination is valid. The Returning Officer will send a notice to inform candidates of their decision as to whether or not their nomination is valid.
14. Should you require any assistance with the electronic delivery of nominations please contact the Electoral Services Manager on 01446 709304.
DATED: 4 DECEMBER 2023