The Council held its AGM in May. The Chairman for the forthcoming year will Cllr Colin Thomas and Cllr Ceinwen Frost the vice chairman. Membership of the various sub-committees was determined.
- Land West of Port Road, Wenvoe. Redrow development (reserve matters) Change in appearance, layout, scale. Sites 47 to 49. No comments
- Twyn Andrew, Old Port Road, Wenvoe. Demolition of the existing detached garage and construction of a new detached garage was supported.
- Currys/PC World, Brooklands Terrace Retail Park, Port Road. Re-skin existing sign and new signage. No objections.
The following applications have been approved by the Vale of Glamorgan.
- Style Gardens, Port Road. An amendment to the design of the roof for the proposed coffee shop extension.
- Brynheulog, St. Andrews Road. Proposed construction of menage
- Ty Capel, 63, Walston Road, Proposed single storey flat roof extension to form new shower room to rear of building
- Swn y Coed, 3, Station Terrace, Dormer loft conversion – designed to meet permitted development criteria.
- Bus shelters adjacent to Station Road Port Road. Fully integrated double advertising units
Land at Former Bus Depot Site, Chapel Terrace, Twyn-yr-Odyn, Following the refusal of the planning permission by the Vale for 15 affordable houses Nywydd Housing Association representative has met with the Community Council to discuss the future of the application. A traffic survey on St Lythan’s Road is in progress at present to determine the volume and speed of traffic using the road at present.
The Friends of the Library are hoping to hold regular book sales in the Community Centre, these have been delayed pending the judicial review appeal by the Rhoose library group. The lease for the Wenvoe library is being prepared by the council’s solicitors.
The allotment wardens reported that one plot had become available and that at present there were no names on the waiting list. An advert in the What’s On magazine was requested.
It has been agreed to remove the two fir trees from the Village Green. This will improve the appearance of the area.
Permission has been granted to the BBC to place their generator in the gateway to the Twyn-yr-Odyn playing field while they film for an episode of Casualty on the morning of 30th May.
The footpath from Tarrws Close across the park which was washed out by the winter rains has now been relaid.
It is anticipated that the work on installing a new nursery classroom at the school will commence in June requiring the school car park area to be closed while the work is in progress. People are asked to be tolerant of the additional vehicles parked locally.
The trees felled near the Brooklands Terrace roundabout are the next section of the metro work which is about to commence and indication are the work will not be complete until the end of the year.
It has been noted that cars are parking on the cycle way near the golf club entrance. Cars are also noted to be parking in front of the dropped kerb at the entrance to Rectory Close blocking the progress disabled vehicle users. Both matters will be progressed.
The police are concerned about the number of reports of people being contacted by fraudsters claiming to be from BT or tax office seeking details of bank accounts etc. These people sound very professional and convincing. People are advised not to give any personal details, banking details credit card numbers etc to such contacts but report incidents to the police. You can also contact Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040 for assistance.