June Planning Updates
The following applications have been approved
• Typica Farm, Station Road East. Works to trees on grounds of highway safety.
• Land at Burdons Farm. Proposed installation of a 27m lattice mast, supporting 3 No. antenna 2 No. 600mm dishes together with associated cabinets and ancillary development.
• Unit 2a. Brooklands Terrace Retail Park. Non material amendment – Proposed alterations to units 2A/2B, including new service pod, and alterations to roof, elevations, car parking and external areas in order to accommodate requirements of new user -Aldi store food retailer at Units 2A/2B
• Land at the Rectory, Port Road., Discharge of Condition 17 – Watercourse Protection MS. Development of 12 dwellings and associated infrastructure. Redrow Homes Limited.
• Land south of Wenvoe and East of Port Road. Discharge of Condition 3 – New access, parking area and internal pathways to serve proposed allotments.
Progress continues on the proposed Community Centre extension to incorporate the library. Final drawing required incorporating suggested amendments awaited.
It is expected that the Old Port Road beyond the Walston Castle should receive its’ first annual cut soon.
There is increased concern now the new controlled junction at Port Road/Brooklands Terrace is operating, about the amount of traffic passing through the village at peak times to avoid the delays on Port Road. Traffic surveys and review of the sequence times of the lights will be reviewed. Making the village an access only area is almost impossible to enforce. Any no entry, one-way systems etc may deter through traffic but would equally apply to village residents.
A survey of stiles which would need replacing with kissing gates to allow easy access to the Wenvoe Orchards was submitted to the council. This will be presented to the Vale.
The footpath between Twyn-yr-Odyn and The Downs is becoming impossible to use due to overgrowth and will be reported to the Vale.