May Planning Applications
• 11, Vishwell Road. Proposed works including ground floor extension to form new living room, garage extension with new roof, first floor conservatory and loft extension with side dormer for staircase and rear dormer. The council were concerned for the privacy of neighbours with a conservatory on the roof of the extension and a balcony on the 2nd floor, hence did not support the application.
• Land South of Wenvoe and East of Port Road, Wenvoe. New access, parking area and internal pathways to serve proposed allotments. The applicant seeks to extend the present planning approval by a further two years. Supported.
• Woodview, Garn Farm, Wenvoe. The bungalow was built with an agricultural occupancy condition. The present owner, not meeting the conditions are seeking to vary the order. With no valid reason to alter the situation the council did not to support the application.
• Brooklands Retail Park, Culverhouse Cross. Proposed new Starbucks drive-through unit located adjacent to the road nearest Culverhouse Cross. The development would involve the loss of one third of the parking spaces. With the new Aldi store to open soon and the possibility of the two empty stores being occupied the council considered there would be insufficient parking remaining and would not support the application.
• Dyffryn Springs, St Lythans Road, Dyffryn. Construction of a building to serve as a wedding venue. The application seeks to replace the present marquee with a building based on wooden barn design. The council supported the application subject to legal restrictions to prevent any future planning approval for residential use