June Planning Updates
The following applications have been approved.
• Glebelands, 27, Rectory Close, Wenvoe. A two-storey side extension to replace the existing single storey side extension.
• 4, Larchwood, Wenvoe. Trim over hanging branches on 2 Oak and an Ash tree.
• Goldsland Walk, Wenvoe. Work to Oak tree covered by TPO.
The following applications have been refused
• 9, Tarrws Close, Wenvoe. Loft conversion incorporating rear dormer with balcony and roof extension front elevation. The size and form of the proposed gable dormer on the front roof plane would unacceptably impact on the character of the existing dwelling and would be out of keeping with the consistent roof form of the bungalows located on the east side of Tarrws Close.
• Poundfield Farm, Pound Lane, Wenvoe. The retention and completion of the existing building to provide ancillary living accommodation associated with the dwelling at Poundfield Farm. The proposed residential annex and associated use of land as extended residential garden is considered to represent an unjustified and unacceptable form of development that would be widely visible from the adjacent public right of way and would have a harmful impact on the character and appearance of the countryside. In addition, the proposals will likely result in long term impacts on the protected Wenvoe Woods, part of which forms the application site.